Sunday, November 11, 2007

Wow! A date night


So I have a head cold and didn't even go to church today.. slept 3 solid hours straight! The medicine knocked me out and my dh took the the boys to chuch. But yet, I still felt we should still go out to dinner tonight for some "us" time. It was very nice. Too long in fact since our last outing. We re-uped on some things we knew we could do to do better on maintaining our friendship in the midst of his hectic job, two little ones and a very tight budget. Most of all it was just good to talk. And also good to have time to ackowledge things going on in our relationship, good and bad. Of course I was the first one to ask the dreaded question: what can I do to be a better wife? His response: "nothing." Cute.. but total hogwash. ..wait.. or that could have meant, "c'mon lady there is nothing you could try that would make this any better!" lol. I know thats not what he meant.. but it sure is funny looking back at it.

Anyway, we had a great time and we were finally able to use a gift card (P.F Changs) that we got last Christmas (thank you Rachel, Ruth, Paul and Esther). Well.. i just hope its not as long between our next date night. It really is a lot of fun. I even shared with Jorge about Kim's post about her date night with Q. About how suprising it is to realize that you really are great friends. I identify with that so much.. and i've noticed it more this year..well the part about forgetting. The second baby comes along and you do get busier. I can only imagine how much more difficult it is to maintain that friendship with more children. Anyhoo..all this to say.. we laughed, I cried (yes, at our dinner table.. i was sharing about still hurting about the miscarriage) and we even had some time to throw in some "intense fellowship" once we started talking money. But we quickly worked through that and moved right along. All and all it was a wonderful night. I love that man with every fiber of my being. Well thats it.. im going to bed. Buenos Noches.

4 comments:

Marsha said...

Sweet, intimate post! Thanks for sharing it. You were a gorgeous bride, BTW!

Missy said...

My DH Bday is coming up....hoping that is a good enough excuse for a date night!

That is a GORGEOUS wedding picture!

Kim said...

Beautiful Picture. I'm glad ya'll got to go out.
Also, I would gladly take your family pics when I get home. I have a digital camera and I would just burn the pics on a CD for $30. Does that work for you?

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful picture!!