Saturday, February 23, 2008

Order me a STIFF drink!

I just put the kids to bed.. nevermind that it's 6:25 p.m.   I don't care.  It was that or my sanity.  Actually Miguel usually goes to bed around 6:30, so nothing abnormal there.  But my two year old is a different story.  He is just plain bad.  Three spankings in about 20 minutes time (two over the SAME thing) and several "instructions" on other things... led me to say, "that's it Jorge.. you are going to bed."  He is upset.. and will probably destroy his room but as long as he doesn't cross that threshold, he's safe.  

All this when my dear husband is out for the evening with some guy friends.  Part of his "birthday weekend."  His actual birthday is Monday.  Boy is he missing out on the fun here at the casa.  One of the guys he is with has a fiance that is coming over and we are going to watch a chick flick... Becoming Jane.  I am so excited.  Jorge's exact words on the movie (add lots of sarcasism) "I can't believe you are going to watch that without me."  (lol)

well if I could order a stiff one ...who am I kidding?  I can't handle stiff anything.  I don't even drink coffee (GASP).  Although I am about enjoy a chick flick and load up on some sugar free ice cream courtesy of Breyers.  I love companies who get in on the Splenda market!  

Adios!

5 comments:

Abbey said...

Girl, please don't tempt me to make a comment on you not being able to handle anything "stiff". There's just WAY too much I could do with that kind of humor, especially since you wrote a book on marriage!!! Hee Heee Heee!!!
And you should so make margaritas with your friend! Mmmmmmm!!! That always makes chick flicks so much more fun!

Marsha said...

So do you enjoy getting up way before dawn, or do the boys manage to sleep past 6:30 when they go to bed so early?

Hope you enjoyed your chick flick!

Rachel Garcia, CD(DONA) said...

marsha- they sleep until about 6:15 and then they stay in bed until about 6:40 .. then they both get sippy cups of milk and Jorge plays in his room and miguel in his crib while I take a shower. Generally, Jorge goes to bed around 7:30 or 8:00. with him it doesn't matter what time he goes to bed he still wakes up at 6:15.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your ice cream...it always makes me feel better! I wish there was some "make them sleep later in the morning" potion.

Missy said...

I miss the days of my kids going to bed at 7:00.
You did the right thing! Sometimes its go to bed early or turn into Hello Mommy!