Okay people its time.. time for the PEP TALK. However, there is one criterion you must have met in order to give any "pep." You have to have experienced a (a good one, I might add) natural, unmedicated childbirth.
Here are the circumstances leading up to my need for a pep talk:
1. Im entering the third trimester.
2. Its HOT as HADES outside, although this is my second pregnancy in a row during the HOT as HADES months (September babies), and I am not having fun. ;-P
3. I have had two Epidurals with prior deliveries and LOVED IT!
4. I am wanting to go unmedicated to try something different. Not so much because I had/have concerns with Epidurals (see last point).
5. I am not looking forward to the next 12 weeks draggin' out in this summer HEAT. (see point #2).
6. I am wanting things easy. Epidurals are easy. Go in, get a shot.. no PAIN.. easy.
7. Labor is not easy.. thus the term: LABOR.
8. I need to be reminded that women do it (natural), have done it and choose to do it again (hello Natalie, Crystal, Rebecca and many others).
9. BUT WHY??? I know the answer i just need to hear it from you. that's the "Pep" part. Why is it worth it?
Thanks.. i'll be waiting for your response full of "pep"iness, while I sit by the fan. Oh and feel free to tell me to "suck it up, big gir". Im a no nonsense kinda gal. Im not easily offended.