Monday, July 28, 2008

When does it end?

I am very thankful that Eva is safe in my womb and far away from this never ending virus that has settled in our home. 

Today started our third week.  The week was welcomed with Jorge (who I thought was over it and had had regular stools yesterday) throwing up at 4 a.m.  Alex was crying off and on thru the night but when i would check on him there was no throw up.  Although this morning when I went to get him out of his bed he had a hideous diarrhea diaper.  I praise the Lord that it didn't tear his bottom up since I have no clue how long he had it.

This thing started on the 14th!  A monday.  I've come to dread mondays.  That week Jorge had fifth's disease.  Then we all got some sort of symptom from it.  The next week Jorge, I believe, picked up a different virus that had him having diarrhea six times in an hour and throwing up once.  And just when I thought that one was done (yesterday) Monday reminds me to think again.  

I don't mind taking care of sick children.  I just feel so bad for them.  Especially Jorge.  He looks so skinny and puny.  He acts fine, but I guess in my head i know he hasn't eaten much.  And then there is the "no going anywhere" part of the equation.  But there are times where i just get in the car and drive somewhere just to get the kids out of the house.  

anyway, please pray that this virus leaves our family.  And if you see us out anywhere.. just run in the other direction.  that is unless i give the all clear.  ;-)

adios. 

No comments: