Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day!

I hope all you mothers have a wonderful day today. Remember those mothers who have lost one of their little ones, or that can't have any little ones.

I wanted to let you guys know something that happened to me this past week. As you may remember, our oldest son "sat" on our laptop and broke our LCD screen. A repair that would cost $600 for Apple to repair. Since we don't have that kind of money just hangin' around, we opted for Plan B: buy an LCD screen off of ebay and then have someone we know take a whack at trying to replace it. Cost: around $250. I had just received the ebay screen when I decided to take our laptop in to get some other hardware problems fixed while we still had our warranty. (the warranty would be completely null after replacing the screen without a certified apple technician doing it).

When I got to the store I was told by Bobby that they would not be able to fix the other hardware issues i had because of the LCD screen. It has to be fixed first. Well you see my dilemma don't you? I just put my head down on the counter and kinda moaned. Then Bobby said, "thats why Im going to just fix that screen for you then your other problems, no charge to you." What?? I know he thought I was probably some strange woman because I put my hand on his arm and said, "now Bobby, what did you just say?" His reasoning.. "everyone needs a break." And this was a decision he could make all on his own, no manager necessary!

So in a week I will have a "brand new" computer.

Happy Mothers Day!

3 comments:

Jaci Spain said...

Happy Mother's Day! I've had one like yours was last year:( Very sick baby and ended up driving straight from Hunstsville to the doctor's office this morning. Oh well...such is motherhood at this stage of life:)

Anonymous said...

Yea for a nice person and a freebie!! Those unexpected things are so nice!

Missy said...

What a nice gift from Bobby. Yeah for Bobby! 3 cheers for Bobby!

Sorry for your Mothers day drama (above post). Just think next year you will have a sweet little girl and you'll look back and say "Drama? What drama?"