Friday, October 14, 2011

My "Mental Health Day."

A while back I posted about mommy's needing to take breaks, and that you shouldn't feel guilty for doing so. It's for your mental (and emotional) health. Thus, a "Mental Health Day." Granted, not every time looks the same. I may only have an hour to work with.. or as in the case today, three.

So that meant I had time to include two of my favs:

Step One: A pedicure. My first time with a darker color, for fall.

Step Two: Lunch at Taziki's. Yummmmm!

What was funny about step two was what I did before it. I got done with the Pedicure about 30 minutes before Taziki's opens (11 a.m) so I had some time to kill. I decided to park my car in the parking lot and walk over to a neighboring store and peruse the "stuff" but then I caught a glimpse of my UNIBROW in the mirror (I swear it seemed like it had grown to this)..So I decided to pluck my eyebrows instead.

So there I was, in my van (ALONE.. ahhhhh) with the windows down (beautiful sunny, breezy day) with Jack Johnson playing and plucking my eyebrows. I was just sure that somewhere someone was going to have a Facebook status update: "there is a weird lady sitting in her car plucking her eyebrows..music blaring. Seriously?"

But to me.. it was heavenly.

After lunch, I went to pick up the kids and headed back for naptime. Which is Step three for a MHD.

I had a lot of fun and I look forward to the next Mental Health day!!

What do you do for MHD? Or what would you want to do?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I totally get this. I find plucking my eyebrows to be one of the most relaxing pasttimes...