Monday, October 27, 2008

..Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day..

The name of the children's book is actually "Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day" by Judith Voirst.  I am probably odd since I just recently heard about this book while hearing a sermon at my sister Mishka's church in Montgomery.  My terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day went something like this... 

-Woke up just fine.  
-Got the boys ready for MDO and headed to the car. 
-The boys started to not follow orders to get in their car seats the first time I told them.  
Jorge started to chew on the cable that goes to the dvd player on the back of the seat.  I lost my cool.  
-had to apologize and ask for forgiveness for loosing my cool. 
-Got to the school and found out that today was picture day.  Alex looked okay, Jorge not exactly picture perfect.  Eva is crying the whole time I am trying to fill out the form for pictures, while also trying to get Alex to go in his room. 
-Go back to the house.  Fold and put away 2 loads of laundry.  Unpack fall/winter clothes for my husband.  Pack up all my maternity clothes.  Realize I now have four shirts hanging in my closet that fit me.  Also realize that I have been pregnant for the past three years and really only had maternity clothes.  
-I eventually go pick up the boys from MDO.  in the car i realize that I left their coats at school. 
-Get home and get the boys in bed.  Eva is protesting nap time.  She wants to eat, again.  Then she complies with nap time.  I sneak in a 45 minute nap. 
-Kids wake up from nap time.  Mommy folds and puts away 2 more loads of laundry. 
-I start dinner.  Chicken pot pie.  Its the second time I made the recipe.  However, this time I changed one thing on it.  Not a good idea.  Lets just say that when it came out of the oven and I scooped it into a bowl.. i turned around to my husband and said, "Im not going to cry.  Can you please go get us dinner."  
-The boys eat cereal while daddy goes and gets a pizza. 
-I don't want pizza (i thought it was too heavy and I wanted something semi-healthy).  I decide I'll eat the little bit of chicken salad I made from the day before.  Im out of crescents so I decide on just a plain ol' piece of bread. I go to the pantry... No bread. 
-Well cereal it is for mommy.  I then realize I was out of cereal.  

Time to hang it up and go to bed and say goodnight to the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. 

5 comments:

Greta said...

:(
I sure hope tomorrow is better!

Greta said...

:(
I sure hope tomorrow is better!

Rachel said...

I'm so sorry! It sure seems like when it rains, it pours. I have had those! They ARE no good!!

Natalie said...

Sounds like you got more laundry done than I do in a whole week!
And I'm totally feelin' ya on the 'nothing to wear' thing.
It's cold out and all I have is short sleeve maternity shirts!
Bah humbug!

Anonymous said...

That is one of mine and David's favorite books from childhood! We can *almost* quote the entire thing from memory. Sorry you had such a bad day, though.