Monday, September 14, 2009

READY OR NOT...




I'm PREGNANT!!!

So.. yeah.

 I feel I need to offer some full disclosure here. You may or may not remember this post
I wrote while pregnant with Eva.  We wanted more kids.. but we were concerned about my health (long term) since, with each pregnancy my body gets more and more insulin resistant.  There are so many things that can happen to a body when you do that to it 9 months every year or so.  And with Eva, at 38 weeks I was on over 100 units of insulin a day.  And my gluc. numbers were out of control (low and high), even if I ate a piece of whole wheat bread and some chicken.  

Sooo, 10 months ago Jorge had a vasectomy.  

And today I am preggers!  Praise God for the blessing!  

And I can honestly say, should I get even more sick this time, and end  up on an insulin pump and a kidney transplant, the Lord will  still be glorified!  I will still praise Him for the life that He has placed in my womb (even if we thought we were making a wise decision).

Ready or not: Party of six!  

17 comments:

Jaci Spain said...

Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Congrats Rachel, I'll be praying for you guys.

Greg Blevins said...

Congrats!!! Seems like you should have had a little longer break in there...LMBO!

Dollar General said...

I LOVE when the Lord works around what "WE" try to do or prevent! Praise the Lord...I love full houses! I rejoice with you and will pray you through this insulin thing again! Happy Delivery! I know you are so excited to have another "natural delivery!"

-C said...

I know your heart is rejoicing in the midst of certain concern. Please know that you will be lifted up OFTEN in the months to come. There is no doubt ... God has spoken. He never said life would be easy even if we follow Him. Oh, my, girl ... you're in for a ride. I Thess. 5:23, 24 ... love you.

Jess the Mess said...

What an awesome surprise!! Congratulations!

Enjoy Birth said...

Wow, what a wonderful surprise! The Lord works in amazing ways.

Leslie said...

WOW! Congratulations! Will definitely be praying for you as you go through this pregnancy.

Jeanna said...

Wow, very cool - definitely a "God" thing! Congratulations! :)

Greta said...

You already heard my first response...first hand ;). But I just wanted to say, your attitude rocks. It is a serious encouragment. Here's hoping you have another little girlie! (Who doesn't come out nose first!)

Sarah said...

Wow! The Devine Override! (Or was it? Or are you farther along than that?)

Congratulations! I love your attitude. And you are correct. God is good.

Thanks for sharing!

Ole Miss Mom said...

I feel like Rhodes was a bit of a miracle baby seeing as what went on right before we conceived...but not like this! ;-)

BUT...

God MUST have BIG plans for this little one! Can't wait to see what they are!!!

Rachel said...

Wow! Congrats! The coolest part of a pregnancy obviously being God's doing (well, not in the Mary kind of way...but you know what I mean) is that you know that you know that you know that he will take care of you during it.

Nevertheless, I will be praying for a safe and easy pregnancy!

andria said...

Our Lord knows best, His plan is perfect! Congratulations on baby number 4!!

Sarah said...

Okay, I'm sorry. I thought about it last night and realized I'd been thinking 10 *weeks* ago, not 10 *months* ago. Please disregard my "Divine Intervention" question. Of course it was. I also thought maybe that explained one of your posts from last week about being overwhelmed one day. Can't wait to read more!

Lindsay said...

That's such wonderful news, Rachel! Congratulations! I know it was your heart's desire to parent more children and it's such a blessing that the Lord placed this little one in your womb. I'll be praying for both you and your precious baby's health during this pregnancy/delivery. How exciting!!

Missi said...

hey I just have a minute but CONGRATULATIONS!!
you should look into chromium picolinate (sp?). Some insulin dependent diabetics have had a lot of success with that... and it's safe for pregnancy.
=)