Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What a year already!

As obvious as it is that I have not blogged but twice in the past two months, I still feel the need to let you in on what has kept me from it.  Blogging has always been an outlet for me.  But as of late I can barely get the desire to put the dishes in the dishwasher much less type out my thoughts.  It is an understatement to say it's been a whirlwind since our Christmas in Colorado.  We got back, had New Years celebrations with both sides of the family, a visit to Montgomery to visit my older sister, my husband got a heinous GI virus and now the boys (Jorge and Alex) have walking Pneumonia.  Thankfully Eva and I have steered clear of all this yuk in our house.  (thank the Lord for breastfeeding!).   

The hardest part was not just the being cooped up indoors it was the fact that we didn't even have the option of going outside.  It has been raining for the past three days.  And yesterday, when my husband was taking the boys outside to play during the small break from the downpour, he made it to the radio flyer in our front yard before he had to turn the boys right round and come back inside because it started raining again.  The boys were so upset.  They were like, "FREEDOM!"  only to have it stripped away.  Sad.  

So you can imagine my joy to see the Sun today.  I mean.. really, I have never been so excited to see that bright ball of fire!  Even if today included a doctor's visit and finding out about the Pneumonia.  I feel much better having the option to go outside if we want.  I know I could not survive in a place like Seattle, or Alaska for that matter.  

well I bettter go.. the kids are sleeping and I need to catch up on some much needed cleaning.  I still am not completely caught up from coming back from our trip. :-(

Enjoy the Sun! 

Oh and I told you I would catch her in the act: 

Lil' stinker..

1 comment:

Jaci Spain said...

I'm so sorry:( I hope everyone is feeling better soon.