Sunday, January 6, 2008

Missing church...

I am at home with my first born.  He got the throw-up virus that his younger brother had two days ago.  Yuk!  I knew when he first got sick at 4 a.m this morning, that church was out of the question.  When I first had kids I was a bit surprised to realize that this was one of the things that comes with the "territory":  not being able to go anywhere when you have sick kids.  I was sad at first and then I realized what an incredible ministry it is.  Besides being a wife its my second biggest ministry and God is pleased with it!  Even if I miss church.  ;-)

On another note can I just say how surprised I always am when the throw-up starts and how quickly i enter into mommy mode.  I cry when I know that I, myself, have to throw up.  I hate it..with a passion.  It is so disgusting.  IN FACT, before kids I used to say.."i hope my nurse husband likes to clean it.. because I just don't think I can do it."  How silly.  But as soon as my little angel babies start.. I am right there comforting (even okay if it gets on me or them).   I say this because this is such a big shock to me.  Its evident to me that God does equip you for the role that He has for you to fulfill.  Anyhoo... sorry for the gross details.  

I hope you all had a great time at church.. or ministering!  ;-)

4 comments:

Missy said...

Your childs vomit is one of those great mystery's of life.
Vomit is the only reason I didn't go into nursing. That and the old people poo poo. Now I think that's probablly nothing.
I even held my 4 year old niece one time while she threw up ON me and didn't get sick myself. I guess it works for our sisters children too!

Sorry you had to miss church. I'm sure God was pleased with your ministry to your baby. :)

-C said...

I love that perspective! I've been surprised too at how much I can tolerate in the vomit area. It seemed that we were in the midst of a couple viruses during the first months of my pregnancy this time around and I was astonished that I didn't add my own vomit to the pile. I didn't breathe in the whole time I cleaned it up and had to close my eyes a bunch of times but somehow I tackled it. Thankfully, one night when my stomach was especially weak, most of it got all over daddy and not much for me to clean up! Whew!

Kim said...

Eau de Vomit...
mmmmm...

Anonymous said...

I completely agree about God equipping us with power (outside of our own strength) to fulfill whatever task is at hand - especially when it comes to our family and babies! I am right there with you on the throw-up thing. I hate it, too...in fact, I'll be honest and say I actually have a fear of it. About 99% of the time I will gag if in its presence. But that all goes out the window when I know my baby is sick. Somehow it's different then. Thank the Lord for what us mommies are able to do (with His help)!