Monday, June 20, 2011

the magic walls in my house..

My sister doesn't believe me. She thinks that if i just kept my kids from napping for, I dunno, 10 days.. then they would sleep in later. Well, the TRUTH is.. my house has magic walls. It matters not what we did that day, if they had a nap or not, my kids (or one of them) will wake up at the 5:45-6:15 range. The only time that my children sleep past 7 a.m is when they are babies. And even then they wake up in the wee hours of the morning, nurse and then go back to sleep.

Here you see Alex, up and playing with his Army men by 6 a.m.



even though it's early, it is still cute.

a little bit.

What time do your kids wake up?

4 comments:

Ole Miss Mom said...

I hear ya on this! But I think I'm startin to change my story! We've been keeping my kids up (not the baby) and going going going, and today the baby and big girl slept until NINE!!! WOW. Def a record. Lillian and Landon were up around 7:30 8:00 which is late for them. I think we're moving into a new sleep phase. Because for SO LONG, no matter if the napped/didn't nap or what time they went to bed...they STILL got up at the same time.

Which is usually the case, but so far this summer, we've been "sleeping in" until 7 or 8:00!!

Anonymous said...

My boys usually wake up about 7:00 but they have an alarm clock in their room and they can't come downstairs until the alarm goes off which is set for 7:30 that way I can get some Bible and exercise time or just sleep a little later myself.
Stacy McCabe

Greta said...

Mmm, interesting that you would post this right now.

A couple week ago, Sam started getting up AND COMING IN OUR ROOM, around 6/6:30. In my book, that is NOT ok. I decided he's done with naps. (He was sleeping about 2 1/2 hours at night and going to bed at 8).

After not napping one day, he woke up around 7:30. That's pretty normal for the other two although they are content in their beds until about 8 or so.

I feel bad for you...

Allison said...

Between 7-7:30am, but they have a clock in their room and are not allowed to come out until 7:30am.