Saturday, September 20, 2008

It was time..

Well, I did it.  I was reluctant and almost felt guilty (as I always do) but I had to.  People... I had no choice!  So before you get all "shock and awe" on me.. just remember what it feels like with only 4 hours of sleep at night AND that's not in a consecutive pattern!  

Notice anything  *different* about this picture?  (besides the fact that she is on her belly.. this is only during naps if that makes you feel any better... SHELLEY! lol).  What else do you see?


That is Eva in her Moses basket... but... in her OWN BED.  She moved to her room last night.  Now if any of you know my house you know that this is not a huge move.  our hall is probably 3 feet wide from our room to hers.  And i used the monitor, which I of course did not need.  I could still (with my mommy ears) hear her grunt as she was rousing for the times she needed to eat.  But the groans and grunts in the middle of those feeding sessions were not as noticable so I could sleep more soundly too.  I know Alex was around 2-3 weeks when I made this transition with him and Jorge (being the first child) was more like 4-5 weeks.  But my sister "called" it.  She told me to make this move 2 weeks ago.. but when I said I wasn't ready she correctly said, "yeah, you'll be ready when the lack of sleep catches up with you."  well my dear friends... that time arrived last week.  My brain was such mush that on Friday I loaded all the kids in the car and then got onto hwy 31 only to look in my rearview mirror to see Jorge practically standing in his carseat!   I forgot to strap him in!  

This picture is for Linda.. She is adorable in this outfit you got her!  She is so excited she's become a little pentecostal.  hehe
And of course the ruffles on the back are my favorite!

This was her quality time with daddy as he ate his lunch.. he worked her into this position bc it was the only one that made her happy (tummy issues). 


The boys playing together.. they are running up and down the hallway and around the house.. it is so much fun to watch!  

I "caught" this shot as he was running and stopped for a brief sec..he loves playing with his brother!



12 comments:

Rachel said...

Don't feel guilty!! We moved Ali to her bed on NIGHT TWO and it was the best thing we ever did for all three of our sleep!! And probably the cat's sleep too, so make that four!

And Eva across Jorge's lap brings back sweet memories. . .that was Ali's favorite position, and I spent a few months putting her to sleep for every nap like that!

Anonymous said...

i love that shot of her raising her hands...so cute! it's so funny to me how much bigger she looks when she's by herself in pictures.

Greta said...

Awww, so sweet :).
Sam was in his crib on night one. Our rooms are fairly close as well. He didn't sleep in our bed and I figured if I had to get up to feed him, I didn't mind to walk into his room.
I think I was just a little paranoid that he'd get used to sleeping in our room. Looking back, he probably would've been alright in there for a little while ;). Whether or not we would've slept is a different story!

care-in said...

I totally get ya! Elliya only lasted one night in our room and we threw out the monitors. Mommy ears are better anyways...what you don't hear won't hurt you right?! Evie was/is in our room longer only because the two have to share a room and we were afraid of her waking sister.

You gotta do what you gotta do!

Abbey said...

Good for you! Sleep away!! :)

Anonymous said...

I love it! And I agree she will be fine in her own room. Back in the day (30+ years ago) my two boys were in their cribs from night one. And they did not have monitors then, just Mom's ability to hear every move just like you have now. Can't wait to see her in the pink dress we sent up with Shel and Jim! (that will be next spring or summer depends on how fast she grows. Love ya

Missy said...

Mom guilt...the greatest travisty!

Hope you are sleeping peacefully now :)

Sarah said...

Rach- she is soooo cute!!! I love that she has chubby little cheeks! :)

Natalie said...

That's so funny to me. I have friends who tell me the same thing but I just could not sleep if they were out of my room.
We are wall to wall beds, no kidding.
So how much sleep did you get?

Natalie said...

PS. DON'T feel guilty. You needed sleep babe!
I hate it when I have to do something I feel guilty about just to survive and keep my sanity, but such is life.
I have stopped feeling guilty about the necessary elements of motherhood.

Anonymous said...

Eva was probably upset because Jorge was eating Milo's. Even children instinctively know that it's gross...JK! Megan

Dollar General said...

I'm glad you are getting some rest! But what cracks me up about this whole post is the attempt to eat a MILOS burger over a baby! What is MORE IMPRESSIVE is that as far as we know he didn't DRIP ANY on her! Just tell us he didn't! That is very hard to do - baby or no baby! I love Milos...makes me want one!